News Release by:
Central Provident Fund Board
30 August 2008 --
The winners of the second 2007 Medisave Contribution Draw (MCD) were announced by MP Zainudin Nordin, at the NTUC National Day Observance Ceremony at Toa Payoh Hub today (30 August 2008).
2. The top 3 winners are:
Top prize of $3,000 cash: Ng Soon Chwee (SXXXX344C)
Second prize of $2,000 cash: Chew Joo Soon (SXXXX753B)
Third prize of $1,000 cash: Ng Kee Buan (SXXXX120J)
3. Besides the top prizes, another 300 cash prizes of $100 each were also picked. All results will be made available on the Workfare Income Supplement (WIS) website at www.wis.sg by 5.30pm today. The Board will be notifying all winners by post.
Qualifying for the MCD
4. 60,300 SEPs and informal workers who had worked in 2007 and fulfilled at least 10% of their 2007 Medisave liabilities had qualified for the 30 August 2008 draw, as compared to 54,700 for the first draw held in June 2008.
5. The MCD aims to encourage low-income self-employed persons (SEPs) and informal workers to contribute to their Medisave accounts. One chance is awarded for every 10% of Medisave liabilities fulfilled - SEPs and informal workers who have fulfilled all their liability would be given the maximum 10 chances.
Future MCD draws
6. The 30 August 2008 draw is the second in a series of four draws for work done in 2007. The third draw will be held in December 2008, with a final Annual Grand Draw in March 2009.
7. Low-income SEPs and informal workers are encouraged to fulfill their 2007 Medisave liabilities by 31 October 2008, so as to qualify for the December draw. The MCD is open to all low-income SEPs and informal workers who had worked in 2007 and who satisfy the following criteria:
a. Singapore citizen;
b. Average monthly income of not more than $1,500; and
c. Live in a property with an Annual Value of not more than $10,000.
8. Information on the MCD can be found at www.wis.sg. Queries can also be addressed via:
- Email at email@example.com
- Hotline number at 1800-2222-888 (Mon-Fri: 8am – 6pm)