Home| About Us | News | Join Us | Useful Links 
  Members > Life Events > Living Overseas > Making Voluntary CPF Contributions Printer Friendly Version
Bookmark and Share
::: Members :::
Business Partners
my cpf Online Services
Login here with Singpass
  Get Started  
  View Online Demo  
  Request A SingPass  

my cpf - Main Page

my cpf - Life Events
  Starting Work
  Getting Married
  Having Children
  Buying A House
  Making An Investment
  Providing for your Healthcare Needs
  Living Overseas
  Starting A Business
  Hiring Employees
  Reaching 55
  Managing Your Retirement
  Losing A Loved One

  Do you find this Life Event informative?
  Do you find this Life Event well-presented?
- Living Overseas
...Being a Global Citizen

Making voluntary CPF Contributions

If you work overseas, it is not mandatory for you and your employer to pay CPF contributions.

However, you may wish to build up your retirement savings by making voluntary CPF contributions, up to the approved limit. However, if your employer in Singapore is paying CPF contributions for you, the employer's contributions will count towards the limit.

Options available to you:

  • Contribute to all three accounts
  • Contribute to Medisave account only
You can make a one-time payment, or regular contributions deducted by GIRO to your CPF account. Do note that voluntary contributions do not qualify for tax deduction.

For more information on voluntary contributions, click here.

You may wish to refer to the IRAS website for more information on the prevailing tax rules.


Take charge of your healthcare needs
Build your retirement savings by making wise investments
Provide for your children's education
Buying or selling your home
Providing financial protection for your loved ones
Retiring with grace
Leaving Singapore
When you are no longer around
Other Useful Information
 Last Updated on: Thursday, May 09, 2013 at 5:33 PM
Copyright © 2015 Central Provident Fund Board